Location: Cape Town
Salary: R8500 P/M
Our client is looking to hire a hard-working and dependable warehouse helper to process all incoming and outgoing merchandise in accordance with company guidelines. Your responsibilities include identifying ways to maximize warehouse storage space, removing warehouse trash on a regular basis, and promptly notifying management of damaged merchandise or equipment.
- Receiving incoming merchandise and verifying that they are undamaged and of sound quality.
- Weighing and counting received items.
- Assisting warehouse staff in retrieving specified merchandise from storage as per the delivery or shipping orders.
- Preparing merchandise for delivery or shipping by packaging and labeling them accordingly.
- Moving all outgoing merchandise to the delivery area.
- Ensuring that all merchandise is properly secured in the delivery vehicles to prevent damage during transit.
- Maintaining accurate records of all incoming and outgoing merchandise.
- Utilizing warehouse lift equipment to load and unload merchandise as well as move, lift, or stack merchandise as needed.
- Organizing warehouse merchandise and stacking them on shelves and racks in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performing all duties necessary to maintain warehouse cleanliness, which includes sweeping, mopping, and dusting as needed.
- Grade 11 or 12.
- A forklift license.
- 2 years of experience working as a warehouse helper.
- Sound knowledge of standard warehouse practices.
- The ability to operate warehouse lift equipment.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good physical stamina.
Closing Date: 19/10/2021
Send CV and Cover Letter To: [email protected]
To find more jobs like these join Career Portal Group-